Saint Peter School District
1. The heart is as big as your fist.
2. The heart weighs less than one pound.
3. The heart is a pump that pumps blood through your body.
4. Your heart is located in the middle of your chest.
5. The heart is a muscle. It is the most important muscle in the body. It never stops and never gets a rest.
6. It is amazing that your heart never gets tired.
Heart Facts Movie
(Heart & Circulatory System)
1. The heart, arteries, veins, capillaries, and blood are all parts of the circulatory system.
2. The arteries carry blood from your heart to parts of your body. The blood in the arteries is full of oxygen and food. Oxygen and food provide your muscles and organs with the fuel they need to keep working.
3. Capillaries are tiny connectors between the arteries and veins. At this place food and oxygen are dropped off and the waste is picked up. The waste is carbon dioxide.
4. The veins carry blood from parts of your body to the heart. The veins carry carbon dioxide back to the heart then to the lungs. Carbon dioxide is breathed out. In the lungs the blood picks up more oxygen. Then the blood travels back to the heart where it is pumped out to the other parts of the body again.
5. It's called the circulatory system because it circulates blood throughout the body.