The Saint Peter School Board passed a mask requirement that will start Thursday, August 19, 2021. Face masks are to be worn inside all school district buildings by all staff, students, and visitors regardless of vaccination status. The exception is a medical provider’s written documentation that you are not able to wear a mask.
Dear Saint Peter Public Schools Families,
The last year and a half have changed how we do almost everything in our daily lives. We have learned a lot about living in the midst of a global pandemic. The situation, however, continues to change as new variants spread around the world. We are fortunate to have a little over half of the population of Nicollet County vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated, including those under the age of 12, remain at risk of contracting the virus.
Our 21-22 Covid Plan includes protocols and practices to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Our protocols will vary dependent upon the health of our community, and guidance from the Minnesota Department of Ed- ucation, Department of Health, the Governor, the Center for Disease Control, and the Federal Government. We will continue to alter and adapt the plan as we learn more or as needs change. There may be times when we need to add more protocols for protection and other times that we can remove the requirement.
As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, we are excited to have a more “normal” start to our school year with everyone attending in-person, five days a week. We look forward to cheering on our Saints from the sidelines, listening to the choir and the band, attending musicals and plays, and continuing the traditions we all love to be a part of— including partnering with the community to provide our students with the best possible educational journey.
Superintendent, Saint Peter Schools
- Are Vaccines required for staff or students?
- Are face masks required?
- Will students attend 5 days a week?
- Is Distance Learning still an option?
- If I’m vaccinated will I still have to quarantine if I’m exposed to COVID-19?
- Will the district still notify us if our student is exposed to COVID-19?
- Are you still doing regular cleaning and disinfecting?
- Are activities back to normal schedules and seasons?
- Are events still limited to a certain capacity?
- If I test positive for COVID-19, how long do I need to stay out of school?