Minnesota's Compulsory Instruction Law requires all children ages 7 to 17 to attend a public or private school. Homeschools are a type of private school.
The documents found on this site need to be filed with the Saint Peter Public School District to document compliance with this law.
Home School Liaison
Principal, North Elementary
Saint Peter Public Schools
507-934-3260 ext: 4006
Click here to schedule a Google Meeting
Homeschool Document Library
- I have made the decision to home-school. Now what?
- When do I register my homeschool with Saint Peter Schools?
- What information is required on the forms?
- What subjects are required to be taught in a home school?
- What do I need to know about selecting and obtaining the curriculum?
- What are the requirements for assessments?
- Where can I find a nationally norm-referenced standardized test?
- What must I do with assessment results?
- Are there any resources or funds available to students who are registered in Unaccredited Nonpublic Schools including Homeschools?
- Other Questions?
Return all required forms/documentation to Central Registration at 100 Lincoln Drive, Saint Peter, MN 56082 (Door V off Broadway). This includes the Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction or Initial Registration Form and the Student Report for Aids to Non‐Public Students if requesting financial aid.
October 31, 2021
Use the online ordering form from the University of Minnesota for fall testing materials. This testing opportunity is optional.
January 7, 2022
Contact Darin Doherty at email@example.com if your child wishes to participate in the state MCA assessments.
April 30, 2022
Use the online ordering form from the University of Minnesota for spring testing materials. This testing is mandatory if fall testing was not completed.
May 1, 2022
Send all receipts to the District Office to claim final reimbursements for 2021-22 testing and instructional supplies.