The State of Minnesota provides school districts guideline for creating Rules at the Bus Stop and On the Bus. Make note that School Bus Safety begins and ends At The Bus Stop. Here at school, we continually refer to Bus Safety in both respects.
Please help reinforce the importance of safety for all riders on the bus.
At the Bus Stop
1.Get to the bus stop 5 minutes before your scheduled pick up.
2.Respect the property of others.
3.Keep your arms, legs, and property to yourself.
4.Use appropriate language.
5.Stay away from the street.
6. No fighting, teasing, bullying, or playing around at the bus stop.
On the Bus
1.Always listen to the bus driver.
2. Sit in your seat facing forward.
3. Talk quietly and use appropriate language.
4. Keep all parts of your body in the bus.
5. Keep your arms, legs and belongings to yourself.
6. No fighting, teasing, bullying or playing around on the bus. This is a place that must be orderly and safe for all riders.
7. Do not throw any objects.
8. No eating or drinking on the bus.
9. No sharp objects on the bus.
10.Do not damage the bus.
Consequences for school bus/bus stop misconduct will apply to all regular and late routes. You will be notified of misconduct by your child.
Discipline procedure for misconduct:
Student will be warned, parent will receive a notice, students may spend time with the principal reviewing the bus safety rules.
Student will spend a second session with the principal, rules will be reviewed again, student may have an in-school time- out, or removal from bus for up to five days (parents will be notified).
Removal for five or more days. Parents will be notified. Transportation provided by parent.
Removal for the remainder of the year. Transportation provided by parent.
Please note that ANY infraction serious enough, may be cause for immediate removal.